 |
| Reflection and writing provide fresh insights for your journey |
I want to share my personal journey of discovering purpose during my waiting season; a time of uncertainty when many of us seek purpose and growth. I believe many of you can relate to experiencing your own waiting periods. We all face unexpected delays in life, and for me, it all began with a situation I thought would be resolved in just a few weeks. Instead, it has continued for an entire year. Though the circumstances have been challenging, I now realize that God, in His perfect plan, used this season of waiting to lead me into a place of isolation where I could truly focus on discovering His will for my life. This time apart has turned out to be life-changing in ways I never expected.
Finding Healing and Renewal in Isolation
At first, I felt frustrated and lost. Each day, I would wake up hoping that today would be the day everything would finally fall into place. I imagined myself celebrating the breakthrough, but as the weeks turned into months, that hope seemed like a mirage. However, I have come to realize that this waiting period is not just about the outcome; it is about preparation for what is to come.
During this time, I learned the importance of evaluating relationships. God has called me to separate and has led me through a profound journey of cleansing, healing, and renewal. He has changed my perspectives and shown me how to discover and nurture my spiritual gifts. Yet, this journey hasn’t been easy. It’s something no one can truly prepare you for. It feels like being tossed into the deep end of a pool when you're still trying to learn how to float; you either find a way to stay afloat or struggle to keep your head above water. It’s painful. I’ve found myself feeling isolated, far from the support system I used to depend on. I’ve always been someone who likes to have a backup plan, with friends ready to offer advice whenever I needed it. But in this season, God wanted to teach me something much deeper: the importance of total surrender. He wanted me to rely on Him completely as my only source of strength and guidance.
 |
| Creative self-expression can enrich your waiting season |
Evaluating Relationships During Waiting
During this time, I began evaluating relationships. I started losing friendships, and friends I thought were close began to distance themselves. It felt as though a divine hand was revealing the true nature of those around me. Situations arose that exposed their hearts and true intentions, often surprising me as they walked away unexpectedly. Although this shift was hard to accept, it prompted me to reflect on my relationships and reevaluate my connections.
Truthfully, in moments like these, it’s hard to convince anyone that you are not losing your mind. The choices you make in pursuit of your purpose can feel alien to others. You may be clinging to what seems like a fleeting whisper to those around you, but only you truly know there’s something greater in store. In such circumstances, it’s easier for some to walk away rather than try to understand or support you. I was left grappling with feelings of abandonment, wondering if I was truly on the right path. It felt as though God was overhauling my life, challenging everything I thought I knew or understood. But it was during this solitude that I began to discover the depths of my faith. This period of isolation became an opportunity for growth, helping me realize that I needed to establish a set of personal values and build a stronger support network; one based on mutual trust and encouragement.
Growing Through the Waiting Period
As I manage this difficult season, I hold on to hope, anticipating that breakthrough. It’s tough to watch others move forward while I feel stuck in the moment. Sometimes, seeing friends celebrate their achievements and milestones fills my heart with ache. Why am I still waiting? Why am I still struggling? Yet, I am learning that this waiting is part of the preparation for the assignment ahead.
I have learned the importance of personal growth during times of waiting. This period isn’t just a void; it’s an opportunity for growth and transformation. I’ve realized that taking shortcuts, no matter how tempting, can lead to consequences that derail us from the true path that God has intricately designed for us. Temptations to rush things or settle for less than God’s best will arise, but we must stand firm and wait with purpose.
Establishing a strong faith foundation can serve as your anchor during rough days. I learned that a deep rooted faith provides the strength to endure difficult times. This foundation is not just about believing in God; it’s about knowing beyond doubt that God has given you the power to wait and not just to wait, but to wait well. When I began to focus on building my relationship with God, I found a sense of peace that transcended my circumstances. Philippians 4:6-7 reassured me: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Even now, I’m not completely out of the woods - are any of us ever? But I can say with certainty that I am better than I was a year ago. There are still days when I wish things would happen more easily and quickly, but I’ve come to understand that the easier path is not always the right one. Growth takes time; just as trees don’t rush to grow, they take their time firmly rooting themselves before reaching for the sky, and so must every good thing.
God’s timing is often different from our own, as Isaiah 55:8-9 reminds us: 'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord. Accepting this can be challenging, especially when you watch others effortlessly achieve what you desire. Yet, I hold on to the truth found in Romans 8:28: 'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.' This verse has become a lifeline for me, a powerful reminder that my story is still being written.
 |
| Journaling and reflection offer fresh insights in every season |
Lessons Learned in the Waiting Season
The process of discovering one’s calling is unique to each of us. For me, it has felt like peeling an onion, layer by layer, revealing insights and lessons along the way. There are days when I feel overwhelmed by doubt, questioning whether I’m truly on the right path. But in those moments, I remember the importance of patience and the promises that come with it. I found journaling to be a valuable tool for gaining clarity during this journey. See The Power of Journaling: Discover Your God-Given Purpose and Deepen Your Faith.
The waiting can be agonizing, yet I am learning to accept it as part of my growth. I’m discovering how to wait well, knowing that growth occurs even in the waiting. It’s not just about holding on; it’s about allowing this season of waiting to transform me, preparing me for what lies ahead.
God is strategic, and He allows each struggle to shape us into who He needs us to become for His greater glory. He is patient, and no matter how dark it seems, He gives us only what we can handle at any given time.
Are you currently in a season of waiting on God for something that feels too big to handle or completely out of your control? I understand how challenging that can be. How are you coping during this waiting period? I’d really love to hear your story. Please share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below, or feel free to send me an email. Let’s support each other as we journey through this together.
Check out my previous posts for more insights.
Discovering Your Purpose: 6 Practical Steps for Personal Growth and Guidance
How To Discover Your Life's Purpose After Corporate Work
Comments
Post a Comment